4.09.2009

Blog uno.

Allow me to introduce myself:
I'm a grad student. At the end of this tedious strife for a degree I will be a scientist.
Ha
Hahaha
That was me - laughing at the fact that the title of "scientist" could one day be applied to my individual. Haha

I'm mid-middle aged. I'm not quite old/gettin' up there yet, but not quite young. I'm more in that place of limbo where you're not certain what "age-appropriate" means anymore. You know, age-appropriate dress, age-appropriate behavior, age-appropriate language ... blah blah blah. I'm thinking that I fall into the "inappropriate" category more often than not.

I'm also a yoga instructor and running coach of sorts. However, these two vocations don't trigger laughter in me..they make me smile.

I'm not career-oriented. Zero orientation going on here.
Prob more accurate to say negative orientation going on.
I'd say I'm more... life-oriented. Ha, yeah, I like that. Of course it makes me sound like a complete hippie..ah well.

And this brings me to an explanation for my blog:
I was filling out the profile info and came to "Occupation". Scrolling through the choices my thought process went something like this: 'Boring, boring, boring, eww, ugh, lame.' And that's when I came to the choice of "Not Specified." Now this I like. Why do I need to be specified? Whatev, I won't be specified. Check out me, stickin' it to the man and going with "Not Specified." So now that's my username. And my blog title "Ambivalent" goes along the same line of thinking.
Plus I hate coming up w/ things such as usernames and blog titles, so each of these fits quite nicely for that reason as well.

Essentially, I find being a pseudo-scientist (Pseudo because I have yet to graduate, the second time.) quite mundane most of the time. And very hard to focus on.. For example: right now I'm blogging at my scientist-desk rather than science-ing at my scientist-desk.
Oh, and p.s. there's an adorable boy still retaining his new-car-smell in my office building; and cute boys never help to generate productivity.. Nor do blogs..

3 comments:

scientist1130 said...

Hmmm...is that a KOL reference I see? We should totally combine blogs. yours is already so much better than mine. unless you think i'll mess it up. :)

SAE said...

Wait, where's the KOL ref??? Haha, I heart them so hard that I bring them up without meaning to...
I totally think we should combine a blog! I mean, we're pretty hilarious ppl!

SAE said...

ooooooooh! nevermind, i remember the KOL ref. i'm dumb.