2.09.2010

going exinct..

So I've been blog-surfing lately (a sport much less thrilling than surf-surfing, but much more conducive to Indiana), and have noticed the bounty of blogs focused on families and children and pregnancies. Apparently making your own batch of humans is a big deal. I think I missed the train though, probably didn’t make it to the platform.


I almost (but not quite) feel as though my DNA is missing a link somewhere that tells me to succeed reproductively and procreate. - Hmm, maybe this is an example of natural selection taking control... That's an unfortunate thought regarding the awesomeness of my genotype though, so I'm just going to ignore it. - I currently have no interest in being a part of the propagation of my or my family's genes. And, really, I just can't quite empathize with other people's propagation adventures. I try to imagine myself in their place - "Happy in life as a mom and a wife!" (read that in a blog today) - but I usually get distracted by a shiny object and accidentally find my mind wandering off-trail from family planning and on-trail to adventures that will inevitably leave me poor and w/ a broken appendage.


Luckily I have siblings to carry on the family name while I'm busy playing. Maybe that's the secret of all the extinct species, they were actually the ones having all the fun (unfortunately 'were' is the key word here..).

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmmm, not sure how i feel about this one...

SAE said...

why? do you want to have my babies?

Unknown said...

yes, but no less than 10